Friday, April 23, 2010

Hope Chest

Howdy!  To my faithful readers (though you be few, LOL!), I'm sorry I haven't written for awhile.  Believe it or not, I keep meaning to write, but ya know.

Anyways, I have a temporary Hope Chest (I had to use a pink plastic box before, lol;)) and my friend, Meghan, wants to know what it looks like so I thought I would finally get around to posting some pictures of it;)
It's actually my Mommy's cedar chest but she told me I could use it until I have one of my own.  I'm so excited because Chris is going to make me one sometime and that's so awesome!

So, here it is with nothing on it.  Isn't it pretty???  And it smells divine!!

I just had to decorate it a bit because I don't like plain surfaces.  So, I have a tea-set, a pretty box (it was actually a box for a travel coffee mug that my Mommy got me at the Family Christian Store awhile ago, but I thought it was soooo pretty that I just had to put it there!!), a hand-held fan that my 'sis', Monica, got me, a little blue dish, and one of my favorite porcelain dolls!  Oh, they're all sitting on top of my pink baby blanket:)

Here's what the inside looks like.

My two babydolls that I took EVERYWHERE when I was little, Michelle and Chastity (though, their nicknames are Mitzy and Chaz)!!  Yes, I gave them voices and they were my 'little sisters'.  When my brothers and I were in school, Mommy would always have to take them with her wherever she went (though they didn't go in places with her) because I didn't want them to be home alone.  Mitzy has a little bit of an eye problem as you can tell.  She's one of those dolls that would close her eyes when you her laid her down, well something happened to them so Mommy and Chris once took "eye-drops" (superglue;)) to fix the problem.  Oh, the stories I could tell!

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this little venture once again into my Hope Chest!


So, let's see if there's anything new with us.  Monday-Thursday, Mommy, Chris, and I went to Memaw and Grandpa's everyday to do some work for them, which is always awesome just so we can be with them and they're always SO appreciative which totally makes it worthwhile!  It's just so fun to be with them and awesome when we can see them so often!  God has truly blessed us!  
Chris had to use a power washer on their deck so we could paint it soon and it was a blessing that he finished it yesterday because it's raining today and is supposed to continue for like the next 4 days:)  God is so Good!!

You all have a blessed day!
God bless!
Grace be with you!

Alive because of His Blood,
Katie Bekah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful hope chest! I hadn't checked my feeds for a few days, which is why I haven't commented!

I love the display you put on top, too. :) Very Victorian/girly. :)