Friday, July 17, 2009

Stuff

Hey y'all,
It has obviously been awhile since I've posted so I thought maybe, just maybe, something would come to my mind so I could blog about it. As of right now, it isn't working so we'll see what happens.
Let's see. Monday and Tuesday Mommy, Chris, and I did a TON of stuff around the house and got it lookin' all nice and purdy, not that it didn't before, but ya know we just got it lookin' a little purdier:)
Daddy was off Wednesday and Thursday so we went out for awhile on Wednesday and did some stuff. Of course, Mommy and I HAD to go to Starbucks and get Cinnamon Dolce Lattes:) Also, I got Celtic Thunder's new CD and LOVE it. It's a little different from their first CD's but it's nice. They also have a new DVD out but I haven't purchased that yet.
Yesterday, Daddy cut the grass and then took Mawmaw to the cemetery to see Pawpaw's 'condo'. As I said to Guitargirl in my e-mail to her, I know that may not sound appropriate to say but that's what Mawmaw and Pawpaw always called them and I'm sure that's what Pawpaw would want us to call it anyway:) I also said it because as of right now calling it a 'grave' (even thought that's what it is) just sounds weird right now.

Ok, so I am sooooo happy for Guitargirl because she is going to an Article One concert today and they are like her FAVORITE band (well, them and Newsboys;))! Let's see, I think she has seen them two times before this one? (Am I right or is it three, Guitargirl??). They're Canadian so the last time she went she got them a little stuffed moose:) If you visit her AO fansite you can see it under the 'pictures' page. Also, the last time she got me an autographed CD:) They wrote "To Katie" and then they wrote their names:) Yeah, she rocks:) Mind you, I didn't ask her to get me anything, she's just sweet:) Also, I'm not saying all of this because I'm hoping she'll get me something else, I'm just saying it because I never did before and thought now was the perfect opportunity.

So, I'm just sitting here drinking coffee, writing a blog post, hoping we'll get a thunderstorm, hoping for cooler weather, and looking forward to hearing all about the concert:) Oh, I need to turn on some music now:) Ok, now to add to my list of what I'm doing....I'm listening to "The Dream Club Murders" by Dead Poetic. I'm also thinking I put wwwwaaaaayyyyy too many smiley faces on my blog posts, especially this one. Another thing I'm thinking is that I don't really want to post this because there's no substance to it but I just thought you all should know I'm still alive and you need to get Celtic Thunder's new CD:) Oh, there's another smiley face.

I know!

My Great Aunt Joyce let me borrow a cookbook that has recipes and stories from people during the Depression era. It's really interesting. I love reading about all that kinds of stuff! I love history and, to be honest, wonder how anyone could NOT like it. It figures I can't remember what the book is called, but it is pretty cool to read some of the stories and recipes and to read how well they improvised with so few things.

I find it funny how well my Great Aunt knows me. We very rarely see each other unless it's some sort of family gathering but she has given me another little book before that when she read it she thought of me. Plus this is my Great Uncle Bill's second wife, for his first one passed away several years ago. Anyway, I really think it's kind of cool how well she knows me.

I don't think there are too many people today that would know how to do the kind of stuff that had to be done back then and what people did before that time but that's another one of the things that I would love to do. It's really inspiring. Doing things like that and the old fashioned way are exactly what interests me. One of my dreams has always been to have a big farm when I get married and have a huge garden with like everything one would need so that I would like almost never have to go to the grocery store and save a ton money because of how expensive things are today, but of course selling some of the stuff we grow. Yeah, so I just love doing things the old fashioned way, it's sooo me:) Mommy, Chris, and Tommy love it too.

So, I think I'm going to add a picture of Celtic Thunder's new CD:)



Y'all have a blessed day!
Grace be with you all!
God bless!
Bekah

No comments: