Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Cousin Took Me To An Opera!!!!!!

In my last post I mentioned that my second cousin, Della, was taking to me an opera.....well, we went and it was totally awesome!  We had such a wonderful time together.
First, we went out to dinner to a Chinese restaurant and it was absolutely divine!  The people there are so nice.  Since my cousin goes there so often and is on a first name basis with the owner, he gave me a heart-shaped plate:)  So sweet!  Both him and our waitress thought Della was my mom, lol.  I got a Kobe Steak with vegetables and fried rice, sooooo good!
After we left the restaurant, we were on our way to the music hall when we ran into a TON of traffic!  Oh my gosh, it was moving SO slow and I was so afraid we weren't going to make it there on time (Della told me later that she was afraid of the same thing) but Della found a way past the other cars to get off at a different exit and we got there with 13 minutes to spare and there were still plenty of people arriving after us, so it wasn't bad:)  I was so thanking God when He got us there!
Once we got there (the place was so crowded and I had to keep up to stay close to Della, whilst running into other people....the only part that wasn't enjoyable, LOL!), we found our seats and they were in a great place!  When the opera began I just kept thinking, "I can't believe I'm actually at an opera!".  I was just so excited and still get excited when I think about it.
During the second intermission, we went to get some European chocolate (we didn't actually go to Europe though, lol) and it was divine!
I still can't stop thinking about all of it and never will forget it.
Such a lovely experience and I hope we can do it again sometime, Lord willing.
Our next adventure is to go to a Ballet together sometime, Lord willing!  Can't wait for that either!
Anyway, that was our night.  I really can't describe how wonderful it was, so I'll just keep it like this and if you have any questions, just ask and I might answer them depending upon what they are:p

Also, a few days before the opera, Mommy and I went out shopping for a new outfit for me (which Memaw bought because she's so sweet!), so we found a lovely black skirt at a store in the mall (we hate our mall), some totally cute black sandals at Payless, and a lovely cream colored scarf with silver specks in it! 
The day before the opera, we went out to find a top and finally found the most beautiful top I've ever seen!  We found it at Dress Barn.
We had also bought a new hairdryer which excited me, LOL!  (It's the little things;)).
So, Mommy had curled my hair for me and I put on my new outfit and make-up then Daddy and Chris took me to Memaw and Grandpa's where Della was waiting to take me:)
As I told Mommy, Chris, and Della and have said on my Facebook, July 10th was the BEST day of my life!!!
I thank God that He blessed us with that time together.   He is so Good!

Have a wonderful, blessed day and may you rest in God's abundant Love!!!
God bless and keep you and Grace be with you!
Alive because of His Blood,
Katie Bekah

2 comments:

Brittany November said...

Hey, I was just wondering... do you hate your mall? ;)

Girl, you need to find your camera and get pictures of your outfit. I wanna see it!!!! :D

Katie said...

Lol, yes, yes we do. Did you notice that?? Was it really that obvious??? HAHA!

Ok, ok, hopefully soon we will find a camera!!!!!!!!!!