Friday, November 16, 2007

Okay, So We're Closer To Being Members

Alas, we were not able to join the Church last week because our Pastor...forgot, he felt so bad for doing so and kept apologizing, but we told him that it was alright and he said we will join this week! We are so looking forward to it!
There will be a Thanksgiving Fellowship Meal this week and we're bringing a lot of tasty stuff: Cranberry Sauce (original and with walnuts & mandarin oranges), Butterscotch Pie, Sweet Potato Casserole and to everyone's request at Church I will make my Homemade Bread. So we will be busy cooking tomorrow (I love days where I can just cook all day:)) and I can't wait!
It is quite cold today and yesterday it flurried for about a minute or so, although it didn't last long, it was rather pretty! Thank You Creator!
Mommy talked to her Mommy today (Memaw) and we learned that my favorite little cousin and her family aren't coming up for Thanksgiving:( We very rarely see them, so it is always a treat when we do get together with them, but alas, nay, not this year. They will probably come up for Christmas though, at least I hope they do, Lord Willing.
It has been a rather lazy day today although there are things to do, but it's just so cold! What needs to be done won't take long though. Now, since it's cold one would wonder why I 'm not getting things done so I can get warm, and to be honest, I'm wondering the same thing, lol.
This is, after all, time that God has given me and I will never get it back, just have it for a short while so why don't I use it wisely? It would also help me in my quest to become a homemaker someday, teach myself not to waste time.
I told one of my friends that I wasn't being myself one day, not really wanting to do anything and I was kind of afraid that I would be the same way when I'm married. She told me that she and I both will probably have those kinds of days when we have families of our own to take care of and she told me not to worry about it, that made me feel better. I suppose another hindrance (a good one though) is when Mommy, Chris, and I are talking. We can be anywhere in the house (knowing full well that things need to be done) and we can always find something to talk about and we can talk forever. We are so close and we love being together, so if they're talking about something but I'm busy and I hear them then I usually go in to see what they're talking about so it takes me even longer to finish what I started, lol, it does get finished, just not as quickly as it would've been. I will admit that I get mad at myself for doing that, but it gets kind of lonely when I'm doing something and they're doing something else, even if we're only a few steps away from each other. Like right now, Chris is upstairs and Mommy is in the living room, and I'm wishing they were in here with me. Can you imagine what it will be like when Chris gets a job?! or even when I get married and my Husband is working? I've always dreamed of having my family live close to my Husband and me, but I'll wait and see what the Lord has planned. No matter what happens, I know God is in Control.
Anyway, let's see.....it is rather cold here today and yesterday we had a few little flurries for about a minute or so. So, I'm just sitting here listening to music and trying to stay warm with an afghan wrapped around me that used to be my Mawmaw's (Daddy's Mom) but she gave it to us.
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

2 comments:

Allison said...

Hi,
I just recently found your blog, and it looks very good! I love your blog "name", for we are all unworthy of being God's children, yet in His immense grace and mercy He calls us!! I look forward to returning; do you happen to be joining a family integrated church? I ask because my family is apart of one (my dad's the pastor).
God bless!
Allison :)

Katie said...

Hey Allison,
Thank you for the comment!
Yep, our Church is family integrated! That's awesome that your Dad is a pastor!
I'm glad you like my blog "name":)
God Bless!
Bekah:)