Sunday, November 4, 2007

We're Almost Members!!!

We're officially joining our Church next week!! A Ruling Elder at our Mother Church came today (along with his family, his daughter is one of my best friends) and after the Service we talked with him and the Pastor and next week we will go before the Congregation and make our vows then we will be officially members!! Yea!!!
More good news, yesterday was Chris' 21st Birthday (whoever reads my blog, could you wish him a Happy Birthday please??)!! In our family, it's our Birthday until we get our cake, so he hasn't had his cake yet, but I will make it for him sometime soon. It will be his favorite (of course) my homemade Old Fashion Carrot Cake!!
Seeing as it is rather late, I suppose I should go, just wanted to to stop by and say, "Hi"!!!!
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

11 comments:

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Hey, Bekah!! That's so great!! How exciting!!!


Tell Chris that we hope he has a truly awesome birthday!! I agree with him regarding carrot cake-it's definitely the best! :)

Katie said...

Hey Rebekah!!
Chris said, "Thank you Rebekah!" Yes, I must agree, I, too, love Carrot Cake!! Oh! We are so excited about joining the Church, very thankful to have a Church family again and these are truly the nicest people! I am so thankful God led us to this Church, I truly love everyone there!!
God Bless!
~Bekah

Joshua A. Hitchcock said...

hey...I noticed you live in Kentucky...what part? I go to Southern Baptist Seminary...in Louisville, KY...just wondering...always up for meeting new reformed folks.

Katie said...

Hey Joshua,
Thanks for the comment!
We live in Northern Kentucky in a city about an hour or so away from Louisville. Yep, I, too, am always up for meeting new Reformed folks!
God Bless!
~Bekah

Joshua A. Hitchcock said...

Well...tell me about yourself and what you are doing here in Kentucky...I have only been in this state for about six months.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joshua A. Hitchcock said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joshua A. Hitchcock said...

Hey...I have been reformed since about my junior year in college...It took a while...but I see God's Sovereignty as something that comforts me. Knowing God is in control helps me get through the crappy times in life. My family is not reformed...my younger brother is probably the closest...bc I have talked more about it with him...But everyone believes God is sovereign, practically speaking, they may just not say they believe in it.

Katie said...

Cool! Yes, I totally agree, God's Sovereignty definitely brings comfort to me as well! I pray your family's eyes are opened up to the Doctrines of Grace. So...let's see, what have you been up to?
God Bless!
~Bekah

Joshua A. Hitchcock said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.