Friday, January 4, 2008

It's Been A While

Hello my good friends,
I am sorry I haven't written for a while.
Seeing as how it's been so long, I believe now I will tell you about the fun things that happened last month and what's going on now.
So, December 16th we had a Fellowship Meal at Church which was very nice. The Pastor's daughter (one of my best friends) was home from College and I gave her a late Birthday gift which she was very grateful for and that made me happy. The Saturday after that (the 22nd) my Uncle and his precious little daughter came up to Memaw and Grandpa's and I got to spend the day there playing with her (she's 6) and just spending time with my Uncle, cousin, and grandparents, also my Aunt was there for a little while which was fun as well!! Then on the 23rd another one of my best friends and her family were able to come to Church and after Church most of the members (including her and her family) went caroling which was so fun and we had a wonderful time together! Christmas was lovely! My Uncle and little cousin were unable to make it but another one of my cousins came which was so much fun! He is a blast to be with and he always keeps us laughing. We don't get to see him very often and it was just so wonderful having him at Memaw and Grandpa's for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
On New Year's Eve we just stayed home and Mommy, Daddy, Chris and I played games and ate snacks. We, of course, watched the ball drop which we've done every year for as long as I can remember. So, we had a fantastic evening at home.
Chris woke up with a bit of a cold today and Mommy has a headache:( I hate it when my loved ones don't feel well, but I know this is the Lord's Will and it His Will whether or not we go to Church this week. This would be the last week that the Pastor's daughter will be there before she leaves again for College, but that's okay, there's always the next time she's home whenever that may be.
I am so thankful for the New Year the Lord has brought us and I pray that this year His Name will be Glorified in everything I do, say, and write as It should have been last year. I pray for a change in my heart this year. I am not perfect or holy enough to come to God, yet I pray still that I may become the young lady that He wants me to be and never for one second think that I deserve His Love because I don't. I pray to be constantly reminded of the horrible, wretched, sinner I was before His Love and still am although He has Saved me for I am still His "unworthy maiden".
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas, Bekah!! I'm answering your letter now, by the way! Sorry it's so late!

Katie said...

Thank you!! Did you have a good Christmas? That's okay that your letter is late, mine have been too the past couple times.
Love ya!
God Bless!
~Bekah