Saturday, January 19, 2008

What A Week!

Hello,
We have had one hectic week and I thought I would tell you all about it.
On Monday I had a seizure and was rushed to the ER in an ambulance. I hadn't slept well the night before so I was just laying in bed for a while and then decided to get up and that's when I had it, it was my first and hopefully my last one. We stayed there for about 3 or so hours. My Pastor had come down and I was really touched by that. I mean, I know it's part of a Pastor's job, but he even told Mommy that that's not the only reason he came down, he did it because he loves us and wanted to be with us at that time.
On Tuesday, I went to the doctor because of it.
Wednesday was my 18th Birthday, but we weren't able to do anything because Mommy and Daddy wanted me to rest. Wednesday night I literally didn't get any sleep at all because......
Thursday I had to have a sleep-deprived EEG. So as you can imagine I was rather tired and all I thought about was going home to bed. When we left there we came home, ordered Chinese food, went to pick it up, came home, put in the "Sound of Music" DVD (that my bro got me for Christmas:)), and ate. It probably wasn't 5 minutes after I ate that I was sound asleep and then slept for about 5 hours. It was nice, I was all warm (bro had brought my mattress downstairs some nights ago, because he and I sleep in the living room sometimes, he sleeps on the couch and I sleep on the mattress) and Mommy and bro were right there with me. Mommy had stayed awake with me and bro was going to but we told him we wanted him to get some sleep. The EEG wasn't bad though not something I would want to have done on a regular basis or more than once, unless it was the Lord's Will.
Yesterday and today we just kind of hung around the house, well today we went out for a bit and got to visit Memaw and Grandpa, which was fun.
Tuesday I have an appointment with a Neurologist so we'll see what he says.
I know the Lord had planned before there was time for me to have a seizure though I don't know why, but I am trying so hard to trust Him with this. I will admit though that there are times when I'm afraid of having another one, but I know those worries will pass. Everything that happens, no matter what, is all according to His Perfect Will.
I got a very sweet card from my dear friend Meghan a couple of days ago and she was just saying the sweetest things about how this is all a part of God's Perfect Will and I have to trust Him. I truly believe it was one of the sweetest cards I have ever received.
Since I know you read my blog, Thank you Meghan, those words meant a lot to me.....and so does your friendship. I love you!
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Bekah for the sweet compliments and thanks! It was so sweet of you!! Bumpy week..for both you and I...your words meant alot! Thanks again!

Katie said...

You're welcome and thank you for all of the comments you leave on my blog, I really appreciate them and I'm so glad you like my blog enough to keep coming back to it:)
God Bless!
~Bekah