Saturday, August 22, 2009

Why I Am "Unworthy Maiden"

It amazes me sometimes that the God of the whole universe would love me.
"Sometimes" is not to say I ever feel worthy of His love for I am not, it is simply that I do not dwell on it all the time as I should.
His love amazes me so, that I tremble at the thought of living without Him. Without Him, there is no life.
It is beyond my comprehension as to why God would choose me to be His child, so I long for my life to be a living sacrifice to Him.
To know that I can go to God in prayer anytime and He will listen no matter what, is incredible to me. I have done nothing to deserve such a glorious fellowship with the Lord over all. Who am I, that the God of the universe would lend an ear to my supplications and complaints? I am nothing but a filthy worm (though so much worse than that) and yet by God's love and grace I am able to go to Him through His Son Jesus Christ.
I was dead in my sin and trespasses to God and yet He saved me.
Not only was I dead, I was an enemy of God, hater of Righteousness, selfish and so much worse, yet for some reason God saw fit to have compassion on me
While I was still dead, He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, in the form of a man to take away my sin.
Jesus Christ came to this earth born of a virgin to die so that I might live. In the last year of His earthly life (33rd), He was captured, beaten, mocked, and nailed to a cross to save such an unworthy wretch as me. Three days after being laid in a tomb, He rose again and defeated death and is still alive today!
By His stripes, I am saved, through His death, I have life, by His Resurrection, I will live with Him for all eternity.
Being away from God is not an illness of which one can be healed, it is death, if you have not Christ, you have not God, if you have not God, you have not life. Nothing good will come of a life without God, only Hell and eternal flames when your dead life ends. With Christ, one day you will see Him in all His glory and be forever with Him in eternity in Heaven.
Tell me, what sounds better: being dead forever? or living forever? You know which one sounds better to me, though I did not choose it: God did.
I have been washed white as snow by the Blood of the Lamb, so may my life be lived to Him.
My forever question: Why would You choose me, Father?
My forever plea: Make me like You, Father.

Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

3 comments:

your favorite cousin! said...

hi honey! i love how you changed your blog, it's so pretty with the fall colors! love you and miss you. i might make a blog, too!

Katie said...

Lol, my "favorite cousin";) I'm glad you like it:) That would be so awesome if you got a blog! I hope you do!
Love you and miss you, too!
~Your favorite cousin:)

Rachel, the best cousin. said...

yay you replied to my comment! lol. I left one on your mom's blog and she hadn't commented yet, lol. I miss you lots. talk to your mom and pick a day to hang out!!! im tired of waiting!!! i misses at you! :)