Thursday, October 28, 2010

Prayer For Haiti

The people of Haiti are suffering in nearly every possible way right now: cholera, earthquakes, and whatever else.
I've read that they are the poorest Country in the Americas: 90% of their children have terrible diseases: 5% of their adults have HIV and so on.
My heart yearns for these people, these children.
Think of all these people that have passed away because of cholera, all the families left homeless because of the tsunami and earthquakes: children left orphans or all alone, parents left childless.  I've seen pictures of men carrying coffins of the people that have passed because of the cholera outbreak, hear about the deaths and can't help but wonder: can they even afford whatever might be needed to help the people with the disease? are we, as America, doing everything we can to help them? 
I know our economy is suffering and thousands of people are thousands of dollars in debt but, what about all of those much-too-disgustingly wealthy people that can provide for them: I wonder how many of them are helping.
I realize there are poor people in America but, right now Haiti is suffering with so many things placed there at once, now, what can we do?
Has anyone ever thought about going there to help and then your second thought is: "Oh, no, I don't want to be around a bunch of sick and dying people, then I might get sick, plus it would be so depressing.  Never mind."
I read a 'tweet' on Twitter that said something like, "pray for Haiti and that the disease doesn't spread."  While I understand what they were saying, it brings a question to mind, "Do they truly and honestly care about Haiti or are they just concerned for themselves?"  I mean, seriously, do people think like that?
I am in no way trying to make myself sound good or better than anyone else (because I'm not), I've just developed a love for these people and wanted to share my thoughts.
I would love to go there and hold them, cry with them, feed them, help them.  My heart hurts for them.

Now, saying all of that, I know God has a reason for everything that is going on there and it is all for His Glory.

With other things that happen in other places, I've read that some Christians say things like, "This is God's punishment on them because they don't worship Him, they worship idols", whatnot and so on.
Well, I suppose that could be true but, you can also argue: why aren't bad things happening to everyone that isn't a Christian (not that I want them to)?  Why do good things happen to people that aren't Christians?  Why do bad things happen to Christians?

I, myself, cannot support Haiti financially, nor can I go there and help but, I can pray for them and will do so.  Will you join me in lifting up this poverty and disease stricken Nation to the Creator and God over all the earth in prayer?
Let us also remember the people of Indonesia in our prayers as well for they, too, are suffering greatly. 

God bless and keep you all!
Grace be with you!
Alive because of His Blood,
Katie Bekah

No comments: