Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Of Family Reunions and Membership Classes

Just in case anyone other than Mommy, bro, and Rebekah S. read my blog, sorry I haven't written in a while! Haven't found the time, we're actually doing stuff right now too but hopefully I can get a few things in.
Last Thursday was our last Membership Class!! Which means we will be joining the Church soon, I can't wait! As I've said before I just love all of the people there! It might be this Sabbath that we're gonna join but we don't know yet. Our Pastor did mention it though so we'll see!
Let's see last Sabbath (two days ago) we went to Mommy's family's Family Reunion! That was very fun even though we got there a little late and some of the people had either left or were getting ready to leave. I got to spend most of the day with my little cousin!! It's such a joy and blessing whenever I get to see her, she's more like a little sister to me although we don't see each other as often as I would like. She sometimes tries to be like me and that is very precious to me. There aren't any little girls at Church yet and outside of my family I don't know any so it means a lot that she's always so excited to see me. I thank the Lord for her every day.
The weather is finally Autumn weather!!! Praise God!! It's cloudy, rainy, and chilly and of course the leaves are turning their beautiful Autumn colors! Praise the Almighty Creator for this wonderful season!!
Well, I'm already listening to Christmas music and the CD is Josh Groban's new Christmas CD "Noel". I just can't hardly stop listening to it, that and the Sovereign Grace CD's are my favorite CD's right now!!
Anyway, last Wednesday I made some Maple Snack Bread and we put two pans of batter in the freezer and left two out (one for us and one for our Pastor and his family when he came the next day). We ate all of one and then we brought one out of the freezer for the Reunion but that one didn't get all eaten so I warmed some up today and sliced some for myself (no one else wanted any at the time) and put some real butter on it, mmmm...it was sooo good!
Also a few nights ago we (Mommy and I) had the first two cups of my Gourmet, Gourmet, Hot Cocoa, for the season, that was also very good!! The men (Daddy and brothers) didn't want any. So for bros I made Hot Caramel Apple Cider, (Daddy doesn't like any hot beverages so alas there was nothing he wanted) which was good they said but not as good as the one at Starbucks, I didn't think it would be, to be honest, but I knew they would like it anyway. Oh, by the way, they didn't, of course, say it to be mean or anything, I just asked them if they liked and they said yes, then I asked them if it was as good as Starbucks just because I was curious and they didn't wanna be mean, just honest, and said no. That's alright with me though, 'cause there are many other things I make that they love, for instance: Tommy loves my homemade bread and Chris loves my homemade Old Fashion Carrot Cake with homemade Cream Cheese Frosting , of course (I can't imagine any other kind of frosting to put on it, that's just the best!!)!!
I must go, there are things that I must tend to. Farewell for now, my dear friends! God Bless!!
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

No comments: