Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter and Stuff

Hello again!
I would like to tell you all about my Easter :)
Daddy had to work :( so it was just Mommy, my bros, and me. We went to Memaw and Grandpa's and Mommy, Chris, and I stayed there for about an hour then we had to leave at like 2:30 for Church. There was an Easter Fellowship Meal after the Service.
First I will tell you about my little goofy thing that I did :) I've typed this up so many times, but I still laugh every time, lol.
Ok, so there's a fella at Church (Matt...one of our Pastor's twin sons) and he's really the only young guy there that Chris and I have actually talked to. Anyway, I was sitting down and he was walking by me and I put my foot out to trip him, just for fun :) He jokingly said "don't trip me", not in a mean tone or anything, 'cause he laughed too. So that was kind of my thing for the rest of the day, when he walked by me I would do that and he would say that.
Well, at one point he was walking by me with a cup of water in his hand and he looked at me and said "don't even try it", lol. So, Chris and I are finally starting to be friends with the other kids at Church (not all of them yet, because there are some that we've never even talked to before, hopefully one day all of us can be good friends there).
There was also a family there that goes to our mother Church whose 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia about a year ago, but she is doing really well now. She isn't totally better, but she's getting there, I think. She was up and running around with the other children and having a swell time. She is such a cutie and it was such a blessing to finally meet her after all this time praying for her and reading all of the family's updates and stuff about her. They stayed for the Fellowship Meal too and when I was finished eating I got to hold her baby brother who will be 1 in a few months. The Lord blessed me with a nice long time to hold him. I haven't held a baby in so long, so I was in heaven with him in my arms :) We had a wonderful time with everyone!
Chris is a shy fella so he never really talked to any of the guys there, but these past couple Sabbaths we've talked to Matt for a little while. Well, during the Fellowship Meal when Chris was getting his drink Matt was at the same table and he asked Chris if he would like to play a board game! He said yes and they had a great time together!!! Mommy and I were so happy that Matt asked him! Mommy later told his Mom that she could've hugged Matt for asking Chris to play with them! Truth be told I could've done the same, but that wouldn't be proper ;)
To anyone who reads my blog, I am asking for prayer for the little family (parents and 4 children) I wrote about. They have had a hard time this past year and need lots of prayer.
Now to tell you about my new favorite group :)
Celtic Thunder: the best group I have heard well....ever! I absolutely love them and their music! They're on tour in America right now. It would be cool if we could see them in concert somewhere, but that is in the Lord's hands (as is everything else). Their CD just released in America a couple of weeks ago. I don't have it, but hope to get that and their DVD soon. Their voices sound wonderful together, very different, but amazing. So far, my favorite songs are "Heartland", "Caledonia", "Ireland's Call", "Raggle Taggle Gypsy", "The Mountains of Mourne", and "Lauren and I". I suppose that's all I'll say about them, seeing as how I can't think of anything else to say.
In the mean time, the Lord has blessed us with a beautiful rainy day today!! I like rainy days just as much as sunny days, and thus consider every day a blessing.
The Lord blessed us with a brief snow fall on Easter, which was very pretty. It only lasted a couple of minutes, but was beautiful as it gracefully and gently fell to the ground.
Chris has a cold so has just been resting on the couch trying to stay away from everybody and everything so he doesn't get his cold germs anywhere. Hopefully the rest of us won't get it, Lord Willing. Mommy and I have been taking care of him and getting him whatever he needs. Hopefully he'll start feeling better soon. He doesn't wanna miss Church or the Officer Training Class on Monday. I'm hoping and praying that he will feel better because I know he hates missing those times. Please keep him in your prayers also, if you don't mind.
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bekah!
I'm so glad you and your family had a good Easter! And about your new friends you're making! It feels great to be included, and for me when we began going to our current church it was so refreshing! Have a good day!
P.S: I can't really picture you sticking your foot out and trying to trip somebody. LOL

Katie said...

Hello Miss Meghan!!
Oh, I'm so glad you love your Church like that!
Lol, I know, but it was fun and he thought it was funny:)
You have a good day too!
In His Love,
~Bekah