Tuesday, March 4, 2008

No More Sushi!

Last night Chris went to a men's Officer Training Class held by one of the men from Church. Some of the men gather together and our Pastor teaches them about becoming an elder so that they could some day be elders for our Church as we don't have any yet because our Church is still in it's infancy. Chris isn't going there to train to be an elder, he's just going to listen and learn.
When Mommy and I picked him up afterwards, he told us how it was and he also told us that during their last prayer that our Pastor prayed, he prayed for Chris and what he said, I cannot remember, but it made me cry. Just knowing that our Pastor believes in Chris and understands him means the world to me. Oh, how I just love my Pastor and am so thankful that the Lord blessed us with him!!
Now, the reason this post is called "no more sushi!", because last night Mommy and I tried sushi for the first time and now we're both suffering from it with pretty bad stomachaches, though she feels worse than I.
We had planned on going to a Bible Study today, but since we're not feeling good (mainly Mommy) we were unable to go. I just hate seeing her feel so bad!! So we have decided to never ever have sushi again!!
We had a lovely time at Church this last Sabbath. My friend (the Pastor's daughter) was back from college for the week so I got to see her again and it was such a blast!
There's a young couple at our Church that are expecting their first baby!! We are so excited! I can't wait till it gets here! They're not gonna find out what it is though. She's due in May so that's not too far away and I am so looking forward to it and I know they are too! It's gonna be so great to have a little baby in the Church family!! The Lord has truly blessed us!!
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

No comments: