Thursday, August 5, 2010

I Love My Piano

Yesterday, I had my second piano lesson and it was great!  He gave me a beginners music book so I practiced that when we got home. 
He told us that you can go online and find online metronomes so Chris found one for me:)
He brought the lap-top downstairs and set it on the piano and let it go while he counted the beat for me as I played my song.  We had to do it several times because I kept messing up but he never said anything.  There were a lot of laughs, surprise, surprise, lol.  It's so sweet that he helps me with it.  He's like my second music teacher.  He also works for free, LOL! 
Mommy and I forgot my teacher's name, lol, so we had to ask him, haha!  I told him that since we forgot it, I've just been calling him the Piano Professor, he liked that.  Mommy said, it made him stand up a little taller, hehe.  He's so nice!  He's friendly and likes to talk (which is good because I'm the same way).
Anyways....
While I was practicing my piano yesterday, I heard my phone ring (which is "Beautiful Ending" by Barlow Girl), so I ran upstairs and it was a text....from my oldest brother, Tommy :-D  I thought that was so sweet!  The other day, I called him and we kept breaking up so the third time I called him back, I just said that since we were breaking up so much to just give up on the conversation, lol.  So, as always, we said 'love ya' and so on :)
Also, last night, Chris made some S'mores in the oven for him and me :)  They were really good!  A little while ago today, he made some more for Mommy, him, and me.  Once again, they were tasty.  We haven't had S'mores in forever!  Of course, I'm sure they're better over a fire, but these were dang good :)

Ya know the bad thing about putting videos up on youtube.com?  The stupid comments people write.  I have three videos on there.  One from FIFA'10 (a video game for those of you who do not know) and two I made at xtranormal.com.  Mommy checked my e-mail this morning and someone left a comment on two of my videos and she read them before I did to see what they said and they were trash so she deleted them from my e-mail.  I then went to my youtube and deleted them there without reading them.  Some people are so stupid.  Both videos involved Manchester United and Mommy said she guesses he doesn't like them....so yeah.

So ya know, lookin' forward to the coffee bein' done so Mommy and I can have some.
It's so cool, we have like an old-fashioned-ish coffee grinder so we grind our own coffee beans without the boring and extremely loud electric coffee grinders they have nowadays!  We also use a percolator instead of a coffee maker :)  Don't know if a percolator is old-fashioned but I LOVE doing things the old ways! 
We do our laundry mostly the old-fashioned way, but we do use our dryer after things have been out on the line for awhile. 
Oh!  How I would love to live out in the country!  Mommy tells us about how when you're in the country, the sky is just so full of stars and it's absolutely beautiful!  We live in a stupid subdivision so we don't get to see that beauty.  We, of course, do see stars, lol.  Anyways, I'm really a country girl at heart and could never understand why someone would want to live in the city, but that's just me.  In the country you can just run and run and run and it's so much better!  I hope we can move further out there someday and have a farm, garden, all that good stuff!!!


Yummy :)  Autumn-ish, farm-ish....home-ish.

I am thankful we like have a home though, lol. 

Well now, that was a random post.

Ciao, meu amigos!!

Grace be with you all!
Alive because of His Blood,
Katie Bekah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm so glad you're enjoying your piano-another gift from the Lord we can both enjoy together. :) We use a percolator for coffee too and it is superb! Second only to Starbucks. :) LOL The beautiful picture makes me yearn for autumn and this humidity to cool off! Your letter will be coming in a few days...have to print it and mail it. :)

Brittany November said...

Youtube comments are always a good place to go if you want a good laugh. The internet has always been full of stupid, loud people, but Youtube is where they gather and hold secret meetings on how to better make idiots of themselves. :)

Wee! Yes! Run and run...and smell the cow manure!! :P It would be star-y out here tonight, but it's foggy. I love the stars.

The more I have to sit and think about us moving the more I'm looking forward to being somewhere where if your fridge breaks in the middle of the summer, you can actually get repairmen to come out and fix it. Not saying that the city is all that great, but they both have their perks.