Friday, August 13, 2010

Piano Lesson :)

Oh, hi there!  How are you?  Good!....that's great!...wow, that's wonderful!...so happy to hear that!....oh, I'm sorry...............well now, that was a little odd, then again, what else would one expect from me:)
I'll bet you have NO idea what I'm going to write about in this post!! 
My 3rd piano lesson!! :-D
It's always been on a Wednesday at 2:00pm: however, since he's still in the midst of re-construction inside and all that, he had to postpone it to yesterday, and then today.  We also had it at noon instead of 2.  AND since he had to postpone it twice, we did an hour instead of half an hour. 
First of all, Chris came with us this time and waited for me:-D  My Grandpa had bought Chris a used guitar so he has been playing that and teaching himself a couple of songs.  After the lesson, Chris and Piano Professor were talking about guitars and he said next week, he'll give Chris a 10 minute or so lesson for free!  Also, Chris used to have a capo for his guitar but we don't know what happened to it so he asked Piano Professor how much his were.  He said they were 15 dollars.  We didn't have 15 dollars with us at the moment so he said that we could just take it and then pay for it later.  He's so cool!
Ok, onto my lesson:
Last week, he gave me a music book.  He told me it doesn't matter how much or how little I learned in the book, but to go at my own speed.  Well, with Chris' help, I pretty much mastered the first 5 songs.  (We almost have the 6th one mastered as well:-D). 
I didn't think he would find that very impressive because I was sure that all of his other students had gone much further with their first lesson....I was wrong.  He said I played them perfectly: that most of the time, people will just rush through them instead of counting the beats when you need to or whatever.  (I'm kind of a perfectionist so I like to do things the way they're supposed to be done.....plus, I just love playing the piano and want to do it right:)).
He said the way I held my hands and everything was perfect, too.  Here's the embarrassing part: he's going to order a book for me with hand/finger exercises that he hasn't ordered for a student before (at least not many, I don't remember what he said, lol) because he thinks I could be a great pianist by the way I move my fingers and all that!  I was SHOCKED when he said that!  I just assumed everyone else played the same way and there was nothing special about the way I played. 
He also said, we're going to 'work on my ear' (lol, funny way to put it) because he thinks I COULD be pitch perfect....like him:)  I guess, in time, we'll see.  He did a little test on me: he played the first 3 notes of a song and told me to figure out what it was, I didn't know the first time, so he played again, still couldn't figure it out, he then added another note and I knew what it was:-D  He also had me look away and he played a few keys and told me to play the ones he played.  I was actually able to do it!  Not the first time, mind you, it took me a couple of keys to get it right.
I know that I am not able to do any of this by myself, it is only by the Grace of God and Him working through me that I can do this.  He is Awesome (in the true sense of the word, Meghan;))! 
His timing is ALWAYS perfect!  He gave us the piano right when the little store was opening, everything He does is amazing!  What an Awesome God we serve!

Anyways, that's pretty much it for right now.  I must get offa here pretty soon and get ready for bed. 

Oh, real quick, exciting stuff!  Mommy ordered a camera for me today!!!!!!!!  Yummy!  I can't wait till it comes!  I'm considering asking my Piano Professor if he'll let me take a picture of him to put on here;) 

Good night, peeps!  Or good morning, top o' the mornin' to ya and all that:)

God bless and keep you!
Grace be with you!
Alive because of His Blood,
Katie Bekah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying your lessons! Your piano teacher sounds wonderful-e-mail me the songs you're learning! You truly have a gift for piano, Katie-dear! It's so wonderful to hear about your adventures on the piano. :) Love you!