Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why I Am A Manchester United Fan



Howdy folks!
So, I have this British buddy on Twitter and he, too, is a huge United fan :-D  Seeing as REAL Football isn't popular in America, he asked me why I am such a huge fan.  Since there isn't enough room in the little Tweet box, I told him I would write a blog post about it for him!

Back in '07 (being 2007, not 1907, LOL!), one night Chris (my older brother) and I were trying to find something to watch on television so we were just flippin' through the channels and landed on Fox Soccer Channel and there was a game on.  I think that game was actually Reading v. uuuuhhhh, some other team, lol.  Because we were getting ready for bed, we couldn't watch the end so didn't know who won.  The next day, Chris looked online to see the results and I believe it was a nil-nil draw, but I could be wrong.
Anyways, that got us interested in watching it.  I don't quite know how we got to liking United (when we started liking them, we didn't know they were like the best team in the world, so that's not the reason we're fans of them) but they were soon our favorite team.
So, ya know, now we're huge Football fans.  Unfortunately, Fox Soccer Channel is rather dumb now and we find all of the people on there annoying.  We just find it very blech and wonder why they can't find anyone good to be on there 'cause it seems like none of these people even really know what they're talking about most of the time.  Plus the fact that they use terms that are just stupid.
We do get Sky Sports News like three times a day so that's nice, but it's nothing like having it ALL the time where people are actually huge fans of the sport and know what they're talking about.
Chris and I are actually the only peeps in our fam who like it and Daddy still calls it Soccer, blech!  That's another thing, it shouldn't be called Soccer because it is real Football...I mean, you actually use your foot, duh...unlike in the American 'football' where you use your hand most of the time!  Anyways, moving on....
So yeah, I guess that kinda sums it up :)
We would love to able to go to England someday to see them play, but also because we just love England anyways, AND we want to get Pukka Pies :-D  Don't see it happening anytime soon, but maybe someday, Lord willing.
We also love SerieA and La Liga Football.
Anyways, any questions????????????
I will now leave you with a song for the best team in the world:



I've had this video on here before but there's nothing wrong with putting it on again, seeing as this post is about United after all :-D

Laters peeps!
God bless and keep you!
Grace be with you!
Alive because of His Blood,
Katie Bekah

No comments: