Sunday, August 1, 2010

July Blessings From God

Ola, meu amigos:)  I don't speak Portuguese, just to let you know.
I would like to tell you all about the exciting things that happened to me in July.
Early in the month, my Aunt Nana gave me her piano!  She had been trying to sell it for awhile but couldn't so she gave it to us.  I love it!  Every time I walk by it I have to touch it :)  It's so awesome to have something like this from my Aunt.  It just makes it better because her sweet fingers touched it which makes it so special.  I just like to sit there and play around (with my right hand, right now because that's all I can do, lol, my brother, Chris, calls me the 'one-handed wonder'), it's so wonderful!
As I said before, on the 10th, my cousin, Della, took me to an opera!  It was "Otello", I absolutely loved it!  It was great to go out to dinner and then to the opera with her.  We had such a lovely time together!
Mommy took me shopping for my new out-fit to wear and Memaw paid for it :)  One day when I get a new camera, you'll see me in my outfit :)
On the 17th, my bff/'sis' got married.  We weren't able to go to her Wedding, but I loved hearing about it from her!
We also found me some piano lessons!  Last Wednesday was my first lesson and I absolutely loved it!
The little music store opened like the day or so before my lesson.  Mommy and I had seen the sign in the windows a few days before and she called and left a message.  The next day the fella called her back and they chatted for awhile.  Anyways, I'm really enjoying it.  I can't wait for my lesson this week!
On the 29th, Mommy and I got to spend a little 'girls' day out', it was so fun!  We got some hair things at Meijer and then went to Cracker Barrel for lunch!  It was a really nice time and we were so happy that God blessed us with being able to do that!  She truly is my very best friend!
Even though today is August first, I want to share what we did today as well :)
Today, Mommy, Chris, and I went out for a bit.  First we went to Starbucks where Mommy and I got venti Cinnamon Dolce Lattes and Christ got a slice of pumpkin loaf.  We then traveled through the parking lot over to the Family Christian Store.  I went in to get Esterlyn's new CD "Call Out" but alas, the chick looked it up for me and they didn't have it :(  She didn't even know who Esterlyn was!!!  AAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!  From there, we went to the grocery store and I went in to get lunch, which was fried chicken and Texas fries (I also got bagels but those aren't important to my story ;)).  From there, we came home and watched an episode of "Foyle's War".  After that, Daddy came home from work and blah, blah, blah.  I made coffee for Mommy and me, so on, so on, so on.  At about 9:40-ish or so tonight, Mommy, Chris, and I went out yet again.  We went to UDF to get Daddy and me a milkshake (he got Cookies & Cream and I got Peanut Butter & Chip) then to Frisch's to get Mommy and Chris a Fudge Brownie uuhh somethin' or other, lol, and get the 4 of us sandwiches :)  Oh, also, earlier tonight, Guitargirl and I were chatting online and she helped me put the new pages on my blog and add the Tweeter update on my sidebar :)  She's so nice :)  Isn't my Tweeter update thingy pretty??????  So, tell me, what do you think about my blog's new look?
Anyways, hopefully I can get Esterlyn's new CD soon and then I can tell you peeps about it :)  In the meantime, why don't you go visit my Esterlyn fansite:  www.weallneedesterlyn.webs.com :)
Oh, I also want to leave you with a video of one of my new favorite songs that Mommy got me likin':  Gary Puckett and The Union Gap "Young Girl":



Hope you all are doing well!
God bless and keep you!
Grace be with you!
Alive because of His Blood,
Katie Bekah

3 comments:

Brittany November said...

Ooo! Redecorating. I just love that new blog smell...

Judy said...

I love your post and your blog is 'simply lovely darling'!!! Just want you to know that you are my best girl friend also!!! I'm so blessed by such a sweet daughter, you're such a jewel and one in a million!
Love ya!!!
Mommy

Katie said...

LOL! I love it too, Guitargirl-eeeee ;)

Thank you, Mommy :) I feel da same way 'bout you....'cept, I'm blessed to have you for my mommy ;) Love you toooooo!!!!!!!! <3