Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Mollie

For a while now, I have been feeling like I should give my Guinea Pig, Mollie, away because Mommy is allergic to her and I couldn't take care of her the way someone else could.
We had a yard sale yesterday and put her out there and after a couple or so hours a cute little girl, her Mommy, and (I guess) Aunt stopped by. The little girl fell in love with Mollie and kept asking her Mommy in such a cute little way if she could get her. I personally would have found it very hard to say, "No" to her cute little face. Her Mommy did get Mollie for her and I am so thankful she was the one who took her. I don't know if there could be another girl on earth who was as in love with my little Mollie as this little girl was, she went to the perfect person:)
It is weird not having Mollie here anymore, but I know she is in a good home and loved VERY much (as she was with me).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Onto other stuff.
Manchester United played today and lost, so now they are out of the FA Cup. I don't know how many of you understand what I'm talking about, but for those who don't, it is obviously not cool >:(. Would have been nice if we would have had some key players, but oh well.
All in all, this weekend has not been a very good Football weekend for me :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am now going to add a recipe (this post is just full of stuff, aye? ;)). Ever since last Thanksgiving when I told Guitargirl about a Pumpkin Cheesecake I made she wanted the recipe, but I kept forgetting to give it to her so now that I remember I will...just let me go find it at Foodnetwork.com....

Crust:

  • 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 stick melted salted butter

Filling:

  • 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
  • 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

For crust:

In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.

For filling:

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.

Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.

Ok, there ya go m'dear! I know you wanted more, so I'll try to remember to do one, two, or all three of them next time:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I think one more thing will do it. Guitargirl did this on her blog, so now I shall do it on mine because I like to be like Guitargirl :) She's kewel :o)

Three answers for each question:

3 things you did today: Watched a Manchester United game, sighed when we lost, read my Bible.

3 things you want to do: See a live Man United game in person, visit my e-buddies, fly in an airplane :)


3 people you'd like to meet: This is hard because I have 4 friends I would like to meet in person and I can't put three and leave the other one out so I'm going to choose 3 people I don't know, I think that's fair :) Ok, Lauren Barlow, Esterlyn (band, I have a fansite for them, go check it out, scroll up a bit and click the picture of them to the right;)), Michael Caine (he was Scrooge in "Muppet's Christmas Carol" so obviously I've always wanted to meet him since he was in the BEST movie ever made ;)).

3 people that annoy you: Terri Leigh (Fox Soccer Report sportcaster), Robinho (Man City player), Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea FC player)
.

3 favorite animals: Lions (#1), horses, doggies.


3 things to put on a sandwich: Lettuce, tomato, chicken.

3 favorite things to do: Hang with Mommy and Chris, read, write.

3 favorite TV shows: Premier League World, all the Duggar episodes (I could watch the one when Joshua & Anna get married over and over again!), Avonlea.


3 things about yourself: There are no words to describe how much I am against abortion. I do not think that any rough sports should have "professional" women's teams too (saying that, I have always enjoyed playing basketball and baseball with my family, now Football too, even though I'm not too good with any sport, but because of my Daddy, I can do whatever I want when we play:)), I can't stand women sportscasters...ahem, Terri Leigh, blech!!


3 things about the person who tagged you: I tagged myself. I will say some things about Guitargirl though >:) She's awesome, she's awesome, aaaaannnnnddddd.....she's awesome :) I think that purdy much sums it up, aye? ;)

I tag Mommy :) Unfortunately, I don't have the ladies at My Simple Blessed Life to tag anymore, but if you girls still check my blog you can do it and leave it in a comment :) If anyone wants to do it or does it on their blog, let me know, aye?

Oh, oh, I want you all to watch a video. It is soooo funny!! Rio Ferdinand of Manchester United playing a prank on Wayne Rooney who also plays for 'em!



I just think this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen!

There are some other ones too, but I wouldn't recommend watching them because of language. They are funny, but not as good as this one.

Have a blessed week!

Grace be with you all!
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

2 comments:

Brittany November said...

Thank ye much for the recipe ma'am! :)

Jeeperz. I'm awesome? ;) LOL!

Katie said...

Sure thang girly!!!

Yeah, you're kinda awesome ;)