Saturday, December 19, 2009

Andrea Bocelli's "My Christmas"

The other day, Mommy got me Andrea Bocelli's new Christmas CD "My Christmas" and oh! how I love it!
For those of you who may not know, Andrea Bocelli is blind (he has been since he was 12 from a Football (Soccer) accident, though he never had good eyesight since birth), but oh my gosh! what a voice!  There is so much passion and power in his voice.  It is honestly a passion I have never heard in anyone else's voice, simply stunning.  He also plays several instruments, God has certainly blessed him with spectacular talent!
His Christmas CD is the only one of his I have, but I might look into more sometime.
"My Christmas" is the perfect Christmas CD.  In my opinion, buying it just for "Angels We Have Heard On High" is reason enough!  Never have I heard such a passionate, glorious version of that song, my favorite ever!  Of course, I LOVE every song on the album, but: WOW!
I've never been a huge fan of the song "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" but Mr. Bocelli's version is wonderful!  Best ever!
His Christmas CD is definitely one to add to your Christmas music collection!
Mr. Bocelli's "White Christmas" is unlike any I have ever heard, gorgeous.  It's incredible to think of a man with no sight singing so passionately about something he will never see, I don't know how to describe it, but it's just, I think, inspiring.  I always wish for a white Christmas but if I had it, would it be taken for granted?  I know it seems silly to talk like this, but think about it: wishing for something you can see and someone singing about something they can never see, it's just spectacular.
Mr. Bocelli also sings "Jingle Bells" with The Muppets, that's another one of those songs that was never one of my favorites until he sang it.  In my opinion, it's the best version ever!
"My Christmas" is the CD that put me in the Christmas-y mood this year (to read about my previous mood, scroll down to the post below).
I think I will conclude in saying: Andrea Bocelli's "My Christmas" is my very favorite Christmas CD ever (yes, even more so than Barlow Girl's!) and one, I think, should be added to everyone's Christmas music collection.  I give it a 5/5 :)
This is what the cover of his CD looks like:



Here is a video I found on youtube.com of him singing "Angels We Have Heard On High":



Until next time, fare thee well!
Grace be with you all!
Alive because of His Blood,
Katie Bekah

No comments: