Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Interview With My Brother, Chris

Howdy peeps! 
I was wanting to write another post today but didn't know what to write so got the brilliant idea to interview my brother!  Let us begin:

Me:  So, how are you doing tonight?

Chris:  (chuckles) Very good, thank you.

Me:  What books are you reading right now?

Chris:  (chuckles) I'm reading "The Cross of Christ" by John Stott, "The Great Work of The Gospel" by John (*searches for the correct spelling of his name and sees his picture* "Hmm, didn't know he looked like that") Ensor, and I'm also working my way through "Spurgeon's Sermons" and uhh,

*ahem, short intermission.  Enjoy this picture of Charles Spurgeon.*


Ok folks, we're back:

Chris:  "Christ Crucified: The Marrow of The Gospel In 72 Sermons On Isaiah 53" (me: On Isaiah what?-Chris: Isaiah 53: it's a chapter-me:  Thank you!).

Me:  Are you highly enjoying your books?

Chris:  Uhh, yes.

Me:  Dat is gooood yah.  What are your favorite bands?

Chris:  I like House of Heroes, Oasis, Sons of Korah, Andrew Peterson, even though I don't have their CD yet, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster.  Umm, Showbread, Thrice,

*another intermission as he goes to grab his iPod.  Please enjoy this picture of Wilhelmus a Brackel:*


We're back:

Chris:  Brave Saint Saturn, I reckon that's it.

Me:  K.  Umm, what's your favorite movie?

Chris:  I have a couple different favorites.

Me:  Well, tell the peeps what they are.

Chris:  Ok.  "Saving Private Ryan", "Black Hawk Down", "Luther", uhh, umm,

*bear with us folks, another intermission.  Enjoy this picture of Martin Luther*


We're back.

Chris:  "Shenandoah", "Touch of Evil", "Where Eagles Dare", "The Maltese Falcon", "Master & Commander", "Pork Chop Hill", "Battleground", "Sahara" (with Humphrey Bogart), and pretty much any Humphrey Bogart movie.

Me:  What is your favorite food?

Chris:  Uhh, I guess anything homemade.

Me:  No way, that's always my answer, too.

Chris:  Cool.

Me: Yes, yes, it is.  What is your favorite sport?

Chris:  Do you need to ask?

Me:  It's for our adoring audience.

Chris:  REAL Football.

Me:  What is your favorite team?

Chris:  I have two, A.C. Milan and Manchester United.

Me:  Who is your favorite Footballer?

Chris:  Well, I have a couple.

Me:  Share them with us.

Chris:  Uhh, Alexandre Pato, uhh, Klaas Jan Huntelaar, umm, Wayne Rooney, and uhh, Kaka, one more; we'll go with, Alessandro Nesta.

Me:  Cool.  What's your favorite fruit?

Chris:  Uhh, the pineapple or strawberry.

Me:  What is your favorite holiday?

Chris:  Probably St. Patricks Day....not really, umm, well, I guess it'd be Christmas.

Me:  What do you like to do? 

Chris:  Read, watch Football, play FIFA, listen to music, woodworking, play guitar, smoke my pipe on occasion.  I went on a helicopter ride once and enjoyed it immensly.  Hiking, work outside.

Me:  What's your favorite show?

Chris:  Show?  Umm, now this is a tough question.  Uhh, "Band of Brothers", History Channel, Military Channel, Fox Soccer Channel.

Me:  What are your favorite songs?

Chris:  Uhh, let me look at my iPod real quick, Mr. a Brackel (the name of his iPod).  "Leave You Now" by House of Heroes, "Abide With Me" by Matthew Perryman Jones, "The Grace of My God" by Matt Giles, "Led To The Slaughter" by Red Letter, "Daylight" by Brave Saint Saturn, "Psalm 24" by Sons of Korah, "Jesus Paid It All" and "My Song Is Love Unknown" by Bob Kauflin and Together For The Gospel.

Me:  Do you think Air1 and KLove are highly overrated?

Chris:  Yeah.

Me:  Yes, I totally agree.  If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Chris:  Scotland.

Me:  What is your favorite animal?

Chris:  Turtles are pretty cool.

Me:  What is your favorite season?

Chris:  Autumn.

Me:  Pirate or knight?

Chris:  Knight.

Me:  What is your favorite time of day and why?

Chris:  Early morning, just because.

Me:  If you had a dog, what would it's name be? and what kind would you want?

Chris:  I guess I'd like a beagle.  I'd probably name him, Spalatin.

Me:  Cool.  If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?

Chris:  I'd buy myself a private plane.  Umm, I'd build myself a huge library and fill it up with Puritan works.  Uhh, I'd buy Mother a cookstove and a farm.  I'd buy you everything you wanted.  I'd buy Pap a bunch of Nebraska Cornhuskers stuff and a huge truck.  I'd buy Tommy some land and I'd help him build a cabin on it.  I'd give the rest away.

Me:  What is your favorite weapon?

Chris:  A bow...and arrows, of course.

Me:  Country or city?

Chris:  I don't know, I kinda like both.

Me:  Rain, snow, or sun?

Chris:  Sun, although I do like snow.

Me:  Do you like Christmas trees?

Chris:  They're ok, I guess.

Me:  Palace or castle?

Chris:  Castle.

Me:  What is your favorite Christmas song?

Chris:  Umm, well, I like "Little Drummer Boy" by Whiteheart.  I also like "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel". 

Me:  Thank you to Chris and for everyone tuning in tonight.  A very goodnight, good morning, or whatever where ever you are to you!

Chris:  Sure, you little goofball.

Seeing as this interview was all about Chris, he has chosen a video he would like me to add, so here it is.
In A.C. Milan's game this past weekend, Klaas Jan Huntelaar came on in the 85th(?) minute and scored two goals within two minutes in added time (which was 3 minutes) to win the game 2-nil.  Here are his goals that we found on youtube.com:



Later peeps, I hope you enjoyed this interview!  I know I did :)

Grace be with you all!
God bless and keep you!
Alive because of His Blood,
Katie Bekah

2 comments:

Brittany November said...

W00T!!! Turtles ROCK! :-D

" I'd buy myself a private plane. Umm, I'd build myself a huge library and fill it up with Puritan works. Uhh, I'd buy Mother a cookstove and a farm. I'd buy you everything you wanted. I'd buy Pap a bunch of Nebraska Cornhuskers stuff and a huge truck. I'd buy Tommy some land and I'd help him build a cabin on it. I'd give the rest away."

Wow. After all that I'm not sure if there'd be anything to give away...a million dollars doesn't go as far as it used to; which is why I only except money in the billions. ;)

Katie said...

Yeah, he wasn't sure if it would either but he told me to put it anyway.
Lol, yeah, I only accept it in billions too;)