Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Prayer For My Pawpaw

Hello everyone,
Do you ever wake up one day and think it's going to be a nice day and then it turns out to be not so nice?
That happened today. My Pawpaw is in the hospital and has been there since Saturday (I think). He was rushed there because he was having trouble breathing.
We went to visit him today and when we were leaving the Doctor came in...
It turns out that my Pawpaw will have to have 4 bypass surgery and needs 2 valves replaced.
It's a long procedure and it's scary.
While the Dr. was talking to us I noticed Pawpaw was doing everything he could to keep us from seeing him cry. When we left Mommy and I kind of got teary eyed and we knew Pawpaw was crying.
I know he's scared, we're all scared.
I don't know when the surgery is going to be, but I ask for prayers please. As many prayers as we can get.
Now Daddy is staying with Mawmaw tonight and it's windy and rainy and stormy and it's just not a good night. I want everything to be back to normal. I want my Pawpaw to be ok, I want my Daddy home and as much as I love thunderstorms I would rather go without one tonight.
The Lord did show us a beautiful rainbow today though, I am thankful for that.
I know this is all in the Lord's hands and I'm trying so hard not to worry or be afraid.
Our Dear Lord Jesus Christ says in Luke 12:25:
And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
I am trying so hard to hold fast to that.
I just can't stand thinking of Pawpaw being there alone crying.
Thank you brothers and sisters.
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bekah, I am so sorry about your pawpaw; I will definetley been in prayer for him, your mawmaw and your entire family. This must be extremely hard for you all. Remember Jeremiah 29:11- it is God's promise to you.
Your sister in Christ,
Michaela

Katie said...

Thank you so much Michaela, that really means a lot.
Your sister in Christ,
~Bekah

Anonymous said...

We're all praying, Bekah. The rainbow was a reminder of God's faithfulness and love. :) Love you like a sis! :)

Katie said...

Thank you Meghan. That's what we thought too :)
Love you like a sis, hun!!
~Bekah

Brittany November said...

You know I'm praying for him! :)
You have been honored with a bloggin' award:
http://guitargirl08.blogspot.com/2009/02/houseplant-song.html

Katie said...

Yep, thank you Guitargirl:)
Aw, I'm really touched, lol;)
Love you girly!
~Bekah:)