Thursday, February 25, 2010

CD Review: Celtic Thunder "It's Entertainment!"

A couple or so weeks ago, I purchased Celtic Thunder's new CD "It's Entertainment!", but what it should really be called is "It's Embarrassment!" LOL!  Most of the songs on this one are a few that have been popular within the past 30 years, so I don't really care for it.
Ya know, I always thought Celtic Thunder was supposed to be 5 Celtic guys singing Celtic music, but nooooo!  Not only do they sing these goofy songs (save for "Amazing Grace"), there's a WOMAN that sings an entire song by herself!  It's so weird.


Here are the track listings and how I feel about the songs:

1. "Home"-
Sung by Damian.  I don't particularly care for this song, he kinda ruins it at times, to be honest.  I've never heard the original but this is just blech.

2. "Life With You"-
Sung by George.  I actually don't mind this song because I like all of his songs.  He's got a really nice voice and sings this one wonderfully.  Once again I've never heard the original of this one either, but I like his.

3. "Lough Swilly Railway"-
Instrumental (written by the producer or whoever he is, lol, Phil Coulter).  This one is good, but it sounds too much like one of his other ones.

4. "Hallelujah"-
Sung by Keith, Ryan, and Neil (their guitarist).  I actually do REALLY like this song.  Their voices go so well together on this one and it's just really nice.

5. "Just Like Jesse James"-
Sung by Charley Bird (the WOMAN!).  I really do not like this one at all.  There should be no woman in Celtic Thunder.  Even though she's not really in the group, that's not the point.  In my opinion, no woman should sing on their songs or of course sing one by themselves.  I only listened to it to see if any of the guys sang on it at all, nope!  This song just needs to fall off the face of the earth, haha!

6. "Hard To Say I'm Sorry"-
Sung by Keith.  I love this song, he sounds really nice on it and I think he was the perfect choice to sing it.

7. "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown"-
Sung by Ryan.  This song is ok, Ryan definitely has the best voice suited for it.  The 'd' word is said during the chorus, though, so that's not cool, but it's a strange song, lol.

8. "Doo Wacka Doo"-
Sung by *gulp* Paul.  Oh gosh!  Terrible, terrible, terrible!!!  It's bad enough that they would put on such a goofy song but to have Paul sing it is a terrible mistake.  He has a sort-of operatic voice that soooo does not fit the genre of the song. 

9. "Amazing Grace"-
Sung by Keith, George, Ryan, Paul, Damian, (the original 5) and Neil.  I really like their version, it's soft and Neil sounds pretty good with them.  Nicely done.

10. "Hello Again"-
Sung by George.  Once again, you can't really go wrong with a 'George song'.  He has a really good voice and sings this song quite well.  Granted I've never heard the original, but I don't have to :p

11. "When You Wish Upon A Star"-
Sung by Neil.  To be perfectly honest with you all, I have never once heard this entire version.  I was already embarrassed when I saw they sing it but then to hear a little bit of it....well, I just went to the next song.  It was much too embarrassing and I really don't understand why they would chose that song, it's just weird!  So, I can't give an honest rating for this one since I've never heard the whole thing and I don't know that I ever will, it's THAT embarrassing!

12. "Standing On The Corner"-
Sung by Damian.  I don't like this song, it's weird.  I don't like his voice on it.  Mommy said that the way he sings it is how it is originally sung, but I think it's gotta sound better than his.  Oh gosh, I actually just heard the first few seconds of the song on youtube.com and immediately enjoyed a LOT better than Damian's.  He makes it annoying, if I'm to be truly critical here.  Now, I'm going to tell you all that the very first time I heard Damian's voice, I was impressed and liked it a lot.  It's still nice but he kind of, well, ruins the niceness of it. 

13. "Surfer Medley"- ("Surf City/Fun, Fun, Fun/Surfin' USA")
Sung, of course, by Keith.  I really like this song as well.  I love how Keith sounds on it.  In my own personal opinion, Keith should come out with his own Celtic music CD.  I love his voice the best and just think he's the best out of all five of them.  If I could convince him to come out with his own Celtic music CD, I would, 'cause, in my opinion, he needs to;)

14. "Sway"-
Sung by Paul.  Don't really care for this song, it's a little weird actually. 

15. "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You"-
Sung by Ryan.  I really like this song a lot.  He sings it wonderfully and I think he has the best voice suited for it as well.  Very nice and smooth, it's a good one.

16. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"-
Sung by Keith, George, Ryan, Paul, Damian, and Neil.  This song isn't bad.  I like it better than U2's...then again I don't really like U2 anyways.  It's a nice ending to the CD....hopefully, it is the end to Celtic Thunder's goofiness as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes my friends, that is my opinion of Celtic Thunder's latest CD.  Please don't get me wrong, I really do like them and actually LOVE their first 3 CD's, but this is a total letdown.
I've been a fan of them from day one and they totally let me down here, not cool.  I'll keep supporting them, but I do so hope they get better from this stuff!

Cheers!

God bless!
Grace be with you all!
Alive because of His Blood,
Katie Bekah

No comments: