Thursday, September 27, 2007

First Membership Class

Whoa, I'm writing yet another one, weird, after not writing even one for days!
Our first Membership Class was today, it was a wonderful time. The Pastor came (of course), and it was just lovely. I told Mommy tonight that as far as I know, there is no other man on earth that I would want to be my Pastor. Now, mind you Chris is very, very intelligent and knows a ton about Theology and the Bible and Reformed Faith so I would also love for him to be my Pastor. Our Pastor is a grown man and he has prayed for me before (my Daddy is not a praying or Bible reading man), so it is very touching for me to have a man that prays for me. Chris has prayed for me a lot and I know he keeps me in his prayers and that is also meaningful to me, but knowing that a grown man is praying for me just means a lot to me.
I must go and load the dishwasher, then go to bed (which I am looking forward to;)). Good night:)
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

1 comment:

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Sounds like a wonderful church family! And what a blessing to have such a great brother as Christ seems to be, to be a role model and mentor for you!

Once again, please do not think I'm prying, but is your father a Christian? If not, just pray for him! That is the most powerful thing you can do! And 1 Peter 3:1-2 says, "Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear." I believe that this verse applies just as much to daughters as well.

If you would like, I'd be happy to pray for him as well.


Have a blessed weekend,
Rebekah