Thursday, September 13, 2007

Here I am again!

For the longest time we have had some dreadfully hot weather! A few days ago the Lord and Creator of all Blessed us with some wonderfully cool, Autumn weather. While the grass is still dry and brown (save the green weeds), everything else is beautiful! The sky, oh, the sky is just gorgeous! I have an incredible fascination with the sky. I love photography so I've, in the past, taken many pictures of the sky, perhaps I will post some sometime. I also love taking pictures of landscapes.
I never did mention my family's names or anything, so....Daddy, Mommy, and two brothers, Tommy and Chris. The best family in the world!! I am so thankful the Lord Blessed me with them.
Should you visit my Mommy's blog, you'll see that she is talking about our journey towards homesteading. Yes, she has had this dream for a long time and though she and I are a lot alike, I never really understood what all she meant by that, up until a couple of years ago. I pray that I will believe in this and do as good a job as she does. She's definitely the best Mommy in the world!
I believe I will tell you a little bit about each of my family members.....
Mommy~
Beautiful, caring, kind, sweet. She's always willing to help others and ready to fight for and defend her family to the end. An excellent homemaker, cook, baker, creative. So often I see my King shining through her. Oh, the Lord has Blessed her with the most beautiful smile, I love to see her smile!! Protective, very protective (actually my whole family is protective of me, and I am so grateful). I could go on and on (actually with my whole family) but I suppose I'll go to the next person.
Daddy~
Hard-working for his "little family". Loving, protective of his whole family, ready to "destroy" anyone or anything that would mess with us.
Tommy~
Very good with math, kind, and funny(well, my whole family is funny).
Christopher~
First of all, he and I are like two peas in a pod. It was through him that the Lord led us to being Reformed (about three years ago). Knows a lot about Theology and the Bible (and other stuff too). Should I have a question about the Bible or Theology or anything like that, I know exactly who to go to (him, in case you don't get the idea,
lol). Kind, caring, doesn't like to see his girls (me and Mommy) hurt or in tears. Gentleman, strong, a giver.
Yep, so as you can see, I have a pretty awesome family!! I have other things to say but I think this is long enough;)
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

1 comment:

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Bekah,

I would love to see your pictures sometime! I, too, thing the different portraits the Lord paints for us in the sky are just breathtakingly beautiful, and simply amazing! I have just gotten into a love photography, and in fact, took pictures of the moon last night and Monday night. It looked just so amazing that I had to capture it on film! :) I will be posting those pictures on my blog soon, and hope you enjoy them!

I just loved the beautiful tribute to your family! It's just always so wonderful and blessed to see daughters honoring their families and lifting them up. What a blessing!

I'm 15, and last year, my Daddy got aquainted with the reformed faith. At first, my Mama would have nothing to do with it, and didn't believe it, but since then, has to come to embrace it and love it, and her very favorite author is Charles Haddon Spurgeon (He's one of mine, as well. :)) How old are your siblings? I only have one brother and he's 8.

God bless you and your family!!!

~Rebekah