Sunday, September 16, 2007

Of Cooking & Church

So, what the heck do these two things have to do with each other?? Fellowship Meal, of course!!!!
Yesterday, Mommy and I spent a lot of the day in the kitchen cooking and baking for the Meal today which was lovely! We brought Homemade Creamed Corn, Homemade Bread (no bread making machine), Whipped Potato Casserole, and Chicken Casserole and it was all homemade.
We've only been going to this Church since about the end of May I guess, but it's only been around since January so it's still in Its infancy. The people there are really nice. We are so Blessed to be attending this Church! Actually Mommy, Chris, and I are gonna start taking Membership Classes, so we're excited about that and looking forward to joining the Church. As of right now we're the only ones joining the Church so we're going to have the Classes at our house.
So, a while ago we decided to move but a few months ago we changed our minds and decided to stay another year or so. We had most things packed up so we're still in the process of unpacking and making this house feel like a home again. At the moment our house has some boxes and stuff laying around so since we're starting these classes soon at our house we'll probably start cleaning up for good tomorrow. I know, it doesn't sound like fun but the work must be done! Hopefully tomorrow will be one of those days that I'm filled with energy to keep going throughout the day. On days when I know things need to be done I pray for strength and energy from my Father and I'm able to get a lot of things done. Of course it's not by me alone it's because my Father strengthens me.
Alive because of His Blood,
Bekah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time at your church. I really enjoy reading ur blog.

Katie said...

Hey, thanks for the comment! I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog! Hope I'm doing a good job!

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Hi again! :) Fellowship meals are the best!! We have them as often as we can (which unfortunately, isn't as often as I would like. :)) at our church, and it is always so much fun and such a blessing to be able to enjoy fellowship with dear, likeminded believers! There's nothing like it. All those homemade goodies sound wonderful! I love fresh baked bread. That's one of my very favorite foods!

Miss Rebekah Ann S. said...

Where were you planning on moving to and what changed your family's mind? We moved from Texas to Tennessee 2 in January of 2005.